I am looking into upgrading the electrical system in my camper because I want more freedom when choosing campsites without electrical hookups. My current battery setup is getting older, and I am considering lithium as a replacement. Epoch Batteries has come up during my research, so I am hoping to get some practical feedback from people who have used their products.


For those who already have an rv lithium battery, how did you decide what capacity to purchase? My camper normally uses power for a refrigerator, LED lights, ventilation fans, phones, a laptop, and occasional inverter use. I am trying to understand whether I should calculate every appliance separately or simply estimate average daily consumption.


I am also curious about the installation process. When replacing a lead acid battery, does the existing converter need to be changed to a lithium compatible model? If the camper has solar panels, does the charge controller need specific settings as well? I would rather plan for those requirements before ordering the battery.


Has anyone installed Epoch Batteries in a camper or van? How has the system performed after regular use, and did you encounter any issues with wiring, charging, or monitoring?


Another thing I would like to know is how these batteries perform over multiple camping seasons. For people using rv batteries regularly, have you noticed much change in usable capacity after repeated cycles?


I am also interested in cold weather operation. Are low temperature charging protections important for campers that travel through colder areas, and what features should I look for?


For those who have already made the switch to lithium, what specifications would you compare besides capacity? I am considering battery management features, charging speed, dimensions, warranty, and cycle life when deciding which rv lithium battery would fit my setup.